Friday, July 1, 2011

Week One with Fox with NISA

Hello, my name is Fox Blackhorn-Delph and I'm going to be the VISTA working to build the capacity of NISA over the next year. I am Kahosadi Nation or Rogue River Shasta with desires to pursue a career in Tribal Law. I came to WISDOM from the Evergreen State College in Olympia, Washington where I focused on Colonization and Decolonization studies with particular interest in the legal system's role as a colonial institution and vehicle for maintaining sovereignty. I was blessed to have been raised on the stories of my people and am excited to be working on a project that seeks to provide that same opportunity to the community.

So week one of my work with WISDOM is coming to a close. We've spent the time getting oriented to the organization as well as working on making sure that our space is functional and presentable to the community. I would like to give special thanks to Peta Mni, Carol Craig, and Julie Scheen for meeting with us and welcoming the VISTA team. It was also a pleasure having a phone conference with Woodie Morrison and I look forward to meeting him in person at the NISA Festival this Autumn.

I am incredibly excited and honored to be working with NISA and Wisdom of the Elders and I look forward to all of the work ahead of me in the coming year.

Should anyone like to reach me for any reason please don't hesitate to send me an e-mail at fox@wisdomoftheelders.org

No comments:

Post a Comment