Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Isobel's Bio

Hello!
I will be serving as the Production Assistant for Wisdom of the Elders Radio for this year. I moved to Oregon about four years ago and immediately became infatuated with its natural beauty and abundance of activism. I was drawn to Wisdom as an organization because it takes a truly holistic approach to community development and healing.
The next radio series will focus on the impacts of climate change on indigenous communities and sustainable responses to it. I will be using my background as a climate justice activist and experience producing radio at KBOO to help educate about climate change and strengthen connections between Native communities all over the country. A primary goal of the radio series will be to encourage Native and other under-served youth to enroll in science and math classes. The radio program will be part of a culturally-tailored, multimedia curriculum that will be offered to schools.
I'm excited to learn more about indigenous cultures and climate change, meet more excellent folks in the Portland community and beyond, and to gain more radio production experience this year.
Onward!
isobel

No comments:

Post a Comment