Thursday, July 7, 2011

Intro to Jacob B.

Hello all!
My name is Jacob Baynes and my official title is Development Assistant. This includes, but not limited to all sorts of fun, fund and friend-raising. I am from the Pacific Northwest and have a very clear and deep connection to the land and the people. Although my formal education began in Central Oregon and later brought me to the University of Oregon in Eugene, I have traveled and learned throughout North, Central and South America both formally and non-formally. My goals and education gave me the opportunity to explore the environment, educational systems, Cross-cultural ways of knowing, appropriate technologies, sustainable farming practices and various perspectives on community development. This, along with many tangible experiences such as garden education, ESL instruction, Forest botany and mind/body work have given me a wide range of skills to better produce, record and spread worthwhile information for the betterment of the WISDOM community. Our momentous goals, wonderful leadership and unbridled enthusiasm already seem to be a perfect recipe for this years’ WISDOM VISTA team. I am very excited for the opportunity to work with such like-minded folks. -Jacob

No comments:

Post a Comment