Friday, July 1, 2011

kaitlyn's bio

hello, I'm Kaitlyn - the Micro-business Development VISTA here at Wisdom of the Elders. I'll be working on developing Wisdom Gardens - the first of which is right here at our office. Our hope is to develop a plan for a CSA, as well as, opportunities for other hub-site gardens to bring together our elders and youth around healthy food , storytelling, and micro-business. I'm really looking forward to meeting gardeners in the Wisdom community and the larger Portland area.

My education is in graphic and web design with some dabbling in film production and photography. I love working with my hands and do-it-yourself projects - the culture of which is strong and alive in Portland. I've been gardening for several years, most recently for The Greater Lansing Food Bank, located in Lansing, MI. One of the draws of gardening, for me, is the great feeling of being self sufficient and connected to the little decisions we make about what to nourish our bodies with.  I'm a Michigan native, and have been living in Portland for almost a year now. I'm happy to be here and can't wait for what this year will bring.

-- kaitlyn

No comments:

Post a Comment