Friday, August 12, 2011

World News!


Well, my world news at least,

Many new things, much to tell. I have been reading, writing, planning and preparing for all kinds fundzies. Most exciting is the speaker event at Ecotrust, where we have Dr. Maresca speaking about ethnobotany and Native Traditional Medicine. I am also preparing for a trip to Bozeman, Montana where I will be attending a grant writing conference for the organization.

Lastly, as shown in the photo, I had the privilege to attend a "Discover Our Story" recording held at Portland Community Media in North Portland. This was a wonderful experience to witness. Myself and a couple other fellow VISTA's learned, watched and tried to stay out of the way as the production team rose to the occasion and seemed to create a polished work out of thin air. Effortless. It was thrilling to watch.

I hope all are happy and healthy out there. I look forward to next time.

-Jacob

No comments:

Post a Comment