Monday, October 10, 2011

Hi World,

It's been a little while. I'm still here and still planning, thinking, envisioning ways to raise funds. We now have a wonderful Fundraising Committee that has been meeting weekly for the past month, working to provide support for Wisdom projects. It's been fun :). In other news, Oregon's AmeriCorps "kick-off" day was this week as well as the AmeriCorps leadership training, facilitated by Jeff Birdsall, past director of Mt Adams Center for the Northwest Service Academy. I met a lot of amazing and excited folks looking to take part in communities around the state. I especially enjoyed connecting with fellow AmeriCorps serving in the Portland area doing similar work. There are so many amazing organizations out there and now I look forward to connecting with more of them soon. That's it for now. I'll try not to be such a stranger in the coming months. Cheers -Jacob

No comments:

Post a Comment